[nsd-users] NSD and RFC 8482 (ANY queries)

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Sat Jan 26 14:03:15 UTC 2019

Am 24.01.19 um 14:54 schrieb Wouter Wijngaards:
> The deny-any was implemented because users asked for that.  The patch is
> very good and I have incorporated it, enabled by default.  Do you think
> the the deny-any option can be removed or have that control this behaviour?

before I loose overview:

deny-any mean the configuration option "refuse-any" available since nsd-4.1.21
which currently set the TC bit on UDP and return all RR on TCP.

with Daisuke's patch NSD would answer to ANY queries with a subset of available RRsets.
-> only on UDP? or no matter which transport?
-> a fixed subset or a random subset?

Andreas