[nsd-users] NSD 4.2.2 released
wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Aug 19 09:47:33 UTC 2019
NSD 4.2.2 is available:
This release fixes a number of, smaller, bugs. Several failures are
fixed in the zone file parser, reported by fuzzing from Frederic Cambus.
NSD now warns when a zonefile is parsed with SSHFP records in it with
wrong lengths. The record itself is still managed normally, eg. does
not cause the zone to stop loading. They are output into log, but the
warnings are easily visible from the commandline using nsd-checkzone.
The release also fixes a segfault on exit, that originated from a fix
- Fix #20: CVE-2019-13207 Stack-based Buffer Overflow in the
dname_concatenate() function. Reported by Frederic Cambus.
It causes the zone parser to crash on a malformed zone file,
with assertions enabled, an assertion catches it.
- Fix #19: Out-of-bounds read caused by improper validation of
array index. Reported by Frederic Cambus. The zone parser
fails on type SIG because of mismatched definition with RRSIG.
- PR #23: Fix typo in nsd.conf man-page.
- Fix that NSD warns for wrong length of the hash in SSHFP records.
- Fix #25: NSD doesn't refresh zones after extended downtime,
it refreshes the old zones.
- Set no renegotiation on the SSL context to stop client
- Fix #29: SSHFP check NULL pointer dereference.
- Fix #30: SSHFP check failure due to missing domain name.
- Fix to timeval_add in minievent for remaining second in microseconds.
- PR #31: nsd-control: Add missing stdio header.
- PR #32: tsig: Fix compilation without HAVE_SSL.
- Cleanup tls context on xfrd exit.
- Fix #33: Fix segfault in service of remaining streams on exit.
- Fix error message for out of zone data to have more information.
Best regards, Wouter
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the nsd-users