[nsd-users] NSD 4.1.21rc1 pre-release

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Mon May 7 09:52:15 UTC 2018

W.C.A. Wijngaards:

> NSD 4.1.21rc1 prerelease is available:

> This release introduces query type ANY refusal.  NSD already has RRL
> support that by default throttles queries, and also queries of type ANY.
>  But an nsd.conf option has been added, this makes NSD refuse queries of
> type ANY.

compiled without warnings on Debian. Running on some lab systems now...

Is it intentional to refuse-any on UDP /and/ TCP?

    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any-06#section-4.4

    Implementers SHOULD provide configuration options to allow operators
    to specify different behaviour over UDP and TCP.

I've no idea if refuse-any will break something in my networks.
But if one day something break, it would be nice to know
NSD could be configured to at lease allow ANY (old behaviour) on TCP.

Andreas