[nsd-users] NSD database memory usage

Antti Ristimäki antti.ristimaki at csc.fi
Tue Feb 6 14:08:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

----- On 6 Feb, 2018, at 15:46, Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net wrote:

> On 06/02/2018 13:58, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:
>
>> Hi Antti,
>>
>> It is a memory leak, thank you for the report!  Fixed it, code is copied
>> below and in the code repository.  It happens when unknown RR formatted
>> RRs are read from zonefile.
>
> Hi Wouter, thanks for the quick fix!
>
> So Antti, which unusual RRs do you have in your zone?

That's something I also wonder, as the zone in question contains only very usual RRs, mainly delegation NS records. There are quite a lot of IDN names but that should probably be business as usual.

I will try to look at the zone contents if I find anything. Wouter, anything particular in mind that I should be searching for?

Antti