[nsd-users] NSD database memory usage

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Tue Feb 6 09:47:00 UTC 2018

Hi Antti,

This is certainly a problem, and I'm sure the developers will be happy
to investigate it with you.

However, I'd like to suggest that you don't use the database mode. If
you set:

database: ""

in your nsd.conf, then nsd will load the zone from the zonefile into
RAM, and won't bother compiling the nsd.db file. You don't really gain
anything with the database file, and I've been advocating for the
database mode to be dropped completely in future versions of nsd.

By the way, if you or the developers find the problem, please do let us
know here, because I'm also curious about it.

Regards,
Anand