[nsd-users] NSD 4.1.24rc1 pre-release

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Mon Aug 6 14:19:38 UTC 2018

On 06/08/2018 13:29, Wouter Wijngaards wrote:

Hi Wouter,

> NSD 4.1.24rc1 pre-release is available for download
> https://www.nlnetlabs.nl/downloads/nsd/nsd-4.1.24rc1.tar.gz
> sha256 4dbb82adccea883e137ccaa171b14490de3ea7795838c3b57ad3d7854d166a75
> pgp https://www.nlnetlabs.nl/downloads/nsd/nsd-4.1.24rc1.tar.gz.asc

I've built this version on CentOS 7. It builds and runs.

> It is possible to use nsd-control over a command pipe, without using
> TLS, by setting the name of the control socket file.  Access permissions
> on that file then act as the access control.  No TLS is used, because it
> is not network traffic, and this is likely faster.

I've tried this feature, and it works. I've noticed that NSD doesn't
remove the control socket file on exit, but this probably isn't a big
deal. In some situations, NSD may not be able to remove the file anyway,
so there's probably no sense in adding code to clean up.

> Also systemd support is added for readiness signalling.  Enabled with
> use-systemd: yes.

I haven't tried this yet.

Regards,
Anand