[nsd-users] nsec3 hash collision

Fredrik Pettai pettai at sunet.se
Sun Oct 8 14:02:24 UTC 2017

Ok, this has surfaced once again on our slave running NSD 4.1.15

The triggering reason seems to be (remote) master is running Infoblox and the nsec3 hash collision comes then asking the slave about a  previously deletes record. I think this was the same senario as in the original case.

I see that 4.1.17 has a "Fix potential null pointer in nsec3 adjustment tree”.

Should I just upgrade and see if that resolves the issue, or do you want me to pull some diagnostics out of NSD before?

/P