[nsd-users] NSD 4.1.18 release
wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Nov 30 09:26:55 UTC 2017
NSD 4.1.18 is available:
This release has features for saving memory and faster notification.
With --enable-packed, 33% memory savings could be had, or something
along that size. Notification of secondary servers happens in parallel,
and has faster timeouts. More sockets are used for zone transfers.
This speeds up communication with a larger set of servers. Additionally
a bug is fixed for dual-loaded parent-and-child zone configured at the
same time, when one of the zones has not loaded properly.
- xfr-inspect, it is not installed, it prints xfr files from /tmp
made with 'make xfr-inspect' in the source dir.
- retry timeout between sending notifies dropped from 15 to 3 sec.
- NSD sends 16 notifies simultaneously.
- configure --enable-packed reduces memory usage, at expense of
unaligned reads. Saves about 17%.
- Save memory by selectively allocate precompiled nsec3 hashes,
saves about 16% memory.
- make ip-transparent option work on OpenBSD.
- Save about 2% memory by changing usage count size in name tree.
- Fix #2871: Increase number of sockets for xfrd transfers.
- Fix gcc 7.1.1 warnings.
- Fix writev compile warning on FreeBSD.
- Fix #1446: A corrupted zone file "propagates" to good ones.
- nsd-control zonestatus prints wait time between attempts, for zones
that are in that waiting time.
- Fix collision printout of nsec3 to print name, hash and reverse.
- Fix #1567: Change crit to err log level for gettimeofday failure.
Add defines for compile without syslog.
- Fix crash for DS query when parent and child zones both configured
in nsd.conf and parent zone has not loaded properly.
Best regards, Wouter
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the nsd-users