[nsd-users] NSD, subdomains, and DS records

Ascendant Technologies aitvirginia at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 14:48:14 UTC 2017

Hello!
Possibly a newbie error, but one I've been fighting with long enough to reach out.
Start with blank 4.1.10 installation, create a zone "zone.com", populate with a DSrecord (created with ldns-key2ds) for "sub.zone.com".
Running "host -t ds zone.com localhost" returns correct record.
Now add a zone record for "sub.zone.com" in "nsd.conf" and while the subdomainrecords are properly returned, the DS record no longer is.  Remove the zone entryalone, and the DS record returns (no change to parent zone).
My instinct says as soon as NSD finds zone entry for "sub.zone.com" it obviatesparsing by the parent, thus hiding the DS record.
I'll try any suggestions, so fire away.
Thanks bunches
pg