[nsd-users] Additional section and minimal responses

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu May 12 12:53:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 12/05/16 14:27, John Bond wrote:
> Hi Olafur,
>

> On 11/05/2016 20:16, Olafur Gudmundsson wrote:
>
>> The NS is 40 records that requires a 1444 byte answer so when I increased the buffer size to 3K
>> I got two A records indicating that the server is limiting answers it gives out over UDP
>
> My expectation is that nsd should always endeavour to send at least one
> glue record when answering with a delegation.  Otherwise recursion will
> fail at this point and in this case sub1.example.com would never resolve.

I have implemented the following fixes (in the code repository, works
with the example.com zone that John set up):  NSD includes AAAA before A
when the query is over IPv6 for glue.  NSD sets TC if it cannot provide
at least one glue (only for delegations that have glue; only glue of the
matching address family counts).

I hope this resolves this issue.

Best regards, Wouter