[nsd-users] NSD 4.1.9 release

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Thu Mar 17 18:36:53 UTC 2016

On 17/03/16 16:34, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

Hi Ask,

> I have found the "db" mode very efficient and stable, too. What
> problems is it that the nodb mode fixes for you?

For a start, the "nodb" mode uses less RAM. On our servers, RAM usage
dropped by about 8 GB, so this is rather significant.

As others have mentioned, the .db file is susceptible to corruption, and
can prevent NSD from starting altogether.

These two items are quite significant, and make a good case for the
"nodb" mode.

Regards,
Anand