[nsd-users] DNSSEC question

Michael A. Peters mpeters at domblogger.net
Mon Apr 4 20:29:15 UTC 2016

Sometimes when a owner has multiple A (or AAAA) records, recursive
resolvers change the order in which a client receives them.

Does DNSSEC force them to be in the same order or is the order still
subject to change and the whim of a recursive server?

What I am trying to do is set up fall-back IP addresses in case a
particular IP address is offline, and trying to find work-around for a
lack of order preference (like MX records have) in A/AAAA records.

I use DNSSEC anyway and am *hoping* that means DNSSEC enforcing
resolvers will preserve the order the records have coming from the
authoritative server.

Thanks for suggestions.