[nsd-users] NSD 4.0.2 released
etmsys at rit.edu
Wed Mar 12 14:40:01 UTC 2014
Installed this, we us chroot for this, appears to not start anymore:
Mar 12 10:30:35 cs2test nsd: ...stale pid file from process 17872
Mar 12 10:30:35 cs2test nsd: problems sending reload xfrdtomain: Broken pipe
Mar 12 10:30:35 cs2test nsd: did not get start signal from main
Did I miss something?
From: nsd-users [mailto:nsd-users-bounces at NLnetLabs.nl] On Behalf Of W.C.A. Wijngaards
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:16 AM
To: nsd-users at NLnetLabs.nl
Cc: maintainers at nlnetlabs.nl
Subject: [nsd-users] NSD 4.0.2 released
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
NSD 4.0.2 is available,
This version fixes two memory leaks that would build up after repeated
zone content loads.
By default the use of the syscalls recvmmsg and sendmmsg is disabled,
they give too much issues, e.g. endless loops with errors or failure to
use IPv6. They can be enabled at compile time.
Nonhosted zones get the REFUSED rcode instead of SERVFAIL. This is
copied from other authority servers, so that there is identical wire
performance. In the past NSD started to give SERVFAIL because the
upwards referral that was common at the time was not deemed a good
choice (or good to implement), but the REFUSED rcode serves a similar
purpose and is the behaviour of the other servers. For hosted zones
with problems, eg. secondary zones with bad data, SERVFAIL is still
returned, this is likely useful for monitoring scripts and also clearly
communicates the expectation of data (when it has been fixed) to
- - Return REFUSED for queries to non-hosted zones.
- - Fix expired zones to give SERVFAIL, also when parent zone loaded.
- - documented nsd-control zonestatus output in nsd-control manpage.
- - remove mention of nsdc from nsd-checkconf manpage.
- - Disabled recvmmsg and sendmmsg usage by default because kernel
versions have implementation issues: ipv6 ignored, security issues.
- - Detect libevent2 install automatically by configure, and use
event2 header files if necessary.
- - Fix #551: change Regent to Copyright holder in the LICENSE,
to match the definition on opensource.org for the BSD License.
- - Fix #552: zonefile loads on nsd-control reconfig when the name
of the file has changed.
- - Fix leak of zone name after zonefile read and fix malloc too
large that would be leaked in the radix tree.
- - Fix from 3.2: make SOA RDATA comparisons in XFR more lenient (only
- - Fix that NSD will delete and recreate not-clean-closed databases.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
nsd-users mailing list
nsd-users at NLnetLabs.nl
More information about the nsd-users