[nsd-users] Can't get pattern substition to work

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Mar 10 10:14:05 UTC 2014

Hi Lew,

This works for me, nsd tries to open zones/db.whatever.com for reading.
Something else is not working?

What does nsd-checkconf print?  Does it not find the 'solozones'
pattern, is there a syntax error?  Or does NSD fail to open the
zonefile, what zonefile does it try to open (it logs it).

Can you do:
zone:
	name: "whatever.com"
	zonefile: "zones/db.%s"
# use the substitution in the zone declaration itself (which can be
useless I agree but it is an interesting test).

Best regards,
   Wouter