[nsd-users] Disk Requirements for nsd4

Fri Jun 27 09:44:24 UTC 2014

Hi!

I tested nsd-mem and it reports for my zone:

summary
  1.069.028.642 ram usage (excl space for buffers)
  1.713.158.176 disk usage (excl 12% space claimed for growth)

But I think 1,7GB is not sufficient. My nsd.db file is 1,744 GB, but I
also need disk space for the incoming zone transfer (or for local
storage of the zone file) which is in my case another 120MB.

Further, may it happen that nsd recreates the nsd.db file and during
that process I need 2x 1,7GB disk size?

Final question: With nsd4 as slave, is it necessary or useful to have
the zone file in text format on the server? Or asked in a different way:
Is there any requirement or benefit of calling "nsd-control write"
periodically?

Thanks
Klaus