[nsd-users] Ignored IPv6 requests

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Mon Feb 3 16:03:14 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014, at 15:41, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:
> > Could it be because of something else than NSD? At the same moment,
> > I switched to Linux kernel 3.12.6 on a Linode VPS. Any similar
> > problems with this setup? (If I have time, I will try with Knot, to
> > compare and to see if it's the fault of the kernel.)
>
> It'll be recvmmsg.  Not sure if Knot uses that.  The kernel version
> may or may not have fixes for it, I guess, so the kernel version could
> be important here.

Knot DNS uses recvmmsg as well on Linux kernels. And we would be
interested in hearing the results of this test.

> perhaps perform a linux kernel-version check in configure

That's futile – you would have to do the run time check for kernel
version and switch the implementation on run time.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server