[nsd-users] systemd unit files for NSD launch in chroot?

darx at sent.com darx at sent.com
Thu Mar 7 02:35:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm starting to migrate a number of authoritative nameservers on small
VMs from bind9 to NSD.

At the same time, I'm switching all inits from sysvinit to systemd.

Cribbing systemd unit files from Fedora for NSD
(http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/nsd.git/tree/), they're
straightforward enough -- but seem to ignore proper chroot
setup/startup.

I've poked in current NSD 3x source, as well as 4x from trunk, and so
far see no example/doc of systemd init for NSD.

Are there any docs/examples of nsd.service files to be had -- that
specifically correctly setup/tear-down the NSD chroot?

In any case, is v4x slated to ship with such service files in the src
tree?

-darx