[nsd-users] NSD v4.0 release date?

Pavel Ciocan pciocan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:42:00 UTC 2012

Hi Olaf,

As stated back in June we did took the snapshot and placed in production
on one server to test how it works. One month ago we deployed that same
snapshot on a second server as well. Till now there is not a single
issue and we get around 50 millions queries per server within 24 hours
for aboutn 300k zones.

We also had a DDoS hitting our servers with ~800mbps and NSD survived
without issues.

Note that we are not using dnssec and servers are runnig as masters.

So all in all we are very satisfied by NSD4 (even if it is not yet the
production release). Keep up the good work and i hope this feedback is
usefull to you and maybe for others.

Best regards,
Pavel