[nsd-users] blanket "provide-xfr" for local network?

Toni Mueller support+nsd at oeko.net
Wed Feb 15 17:39:22 UTC 2012

Hi Jan-Piet,

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 05:51:42PM +0100, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
> Sorry Toni -- I should have _read_ the question properly.

np.

> No, that isn't possible.

Ok, so at least, I did not misread the man page.

> What I do is to generate the nsd.conf file, or
> rather a file which contains the `zone' stanzas, and `include:' that
> file into nsd.conf.

I hoped to get away without doing this added stuff, and/or to find this
feature in nsd4.

> (FWIW, I use filepp [1] for that, because it allows

> [1] http://www.cabaret.demon.co.uk/filepp/

Thank you. I'll look at it, although I'm rather a snake-head. ;)

And FWIW, if you're on Debian,

$ apt-cache search filepp
filepp - A generic perl-based file pre-processor
$

should be just as good. ;)

Kind regards,
--Toni++