[nsd-users] cannot run nsd supervised

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Tue Feb 14 15:07:28 UTC 2012

On 13/02/2012 16:17, Ondřej Surý wrote:

>> In that case nsd starts a new process, fork into background an the old (supervised) terminates.
>
> This is clearly a problem on nsd end and needs to be fixed.

I have also been asking for this feature. I can understand that it would
take a fair amount of work for this feature, because the fork+kill model
is central to NSD.

I was happy with it being a feature of NSD4. However, I understand that
NSD4 has less priority now, so perhaps the kind folk at NLNet Labs
should consider a 3.3 branch with this feature, which would allow us to
run NSD supervised with systemd/upstart/runit/daemontools.

Regards,

Anand