[nsd-users] cannot run nsd supervised

Arnt Gulbrandsen arnt at gulbrandsen.priv.no
Mon Feb 13 14:54:30 UTC 2012

On 02/13/2012 03:38 PM, Miek Gieben wrote:
> systemd also takes care of the whole daemonizing of services. I.e you
> don't even have to have daemonize code in your software.

I know. Upstart does exactly that. But Paul says that systemd forbids
you from daemonizing, which is a different thing entirely, and which
makes systemd incompatible with much more than just nsd.

If systemd were incompatible with only nsd, that would be nsd's problem.
But if it's incompatible with many or even most services, then it's
systemd's problem, not nsd's. (The upstart man page says "most").

Arnt