[nsd-users] anyone have any experience running nsd in master/slave mode?

Will Pressly will at edgecast.com
Tue Aug 16 18:40:11 UTC 2011

I am not sure I am doing everything quite right. I can see chatter between
the master and the slave, but the slave will not answer queries.

I have a large number of zones. Could it be that slaves block until their
zone xfers are complete, and they are just never completing here from the
large number of zones.

If anyone has this working well, could they describe their workflow? IE:
when do you merge changes from the zonefiles, when do you rebuild, do you
have to rebuild, etc, etc.

Thanks, Everyone!
Will