[nsd-users] request to rename zonec to nsd-zonec

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Thu Jan 21 08:43:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 00:39, Andy Linton <asjl at lpnz.org> wrote:
> On 7/01/10  Thu, Jan 7, 10:57, Jaap Akkerhuis wrote:
>

>> The naming of nsd components is all historic and ad-hoc. To create
>> a "structured" name space might not be a bad idea, but should at
>> least allow for a transition period. It might be useful to add
>> nsd-zonec as an alias with the up coming release (3.2.4) and remove
>> the zonec sec with a major bump in the release (say 3.3.0) so there
>> is time to have people adjust. And while we are at it, we should
>> then do that a similar operation for nsdc towards nsd-control.

It's not just about the NSD versions. You need to consider all the
distros. Debian maintainer will have to provide aliases for next
stable with warning and remove alias just after next+1 stable is out.

Generally I am against such renaming just "for cleaning up". Does the
"zonec" clash with something else? And please at least don't rename
nsdc to nsd-control.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>