[nsd-users] NSD 2 in Debian

Arnt Gulbrandsen arnt at gulbrandsen.priv.no
Thu Feb 26 17:16:42 UTC 2009

I think the honourable way out of this rather unfortunate situation is
be to announce that NSD 2.x support stops on March 1, 2011, hope no
security issues turn up before then, and add a TODO point to the list
for NSD 4: "Send separate mail next day to announce that NSD 3 support
ceases two years later".

Wouter Wijngaards writes:
> To be honest, NSD 2 support would be very easy right now as there are
> no open issues and have been no reports for a very long time.

I'm glad to hear that. So don't act against your stated principles.
They're good principles, and if following them is cheap and easy
anyway, you might as well do it.

Arnt