[nsd-users] on axfr fallback

Mauricio Vergara Ereche mave at nic.cl
Wed Nov 12 13:00:44 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 05:48:43 Matthijs Mekking wrote:
[...]
> >     > A configuration knob to disable AXFR fallback entirely,  globally
> >     > or per server basis would be nicer.
> >
> > Yes, that would certainly help avoid messy accidents.
>
> In my current opinion, that is the responsibility of the operator. If
> you don't want to use AXFR, only install servers that support IXFR.

That's ok if you manage every single secondary and master for a zone, but in
reality, sharing of zones between different organizations with different
style of administration happens.

> So the option is likely not to be strictly necessary and if we implement
> it, it would be in strife with our requirements we set on NSD (in this
> case simplicity).

OK, in case that matters, I also think that the configuration knob issue would
be really great :-)

--
Mauricio Vergara Ereche                 User #188365 counter.li.org
DNS Admin NIC Chile                              mave [@] nic [.] cl