[nsd-users] how can i find the reason?

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Thu May 22 13:22:02 UTC 2008

hi,
i'm just go though a few log files and found it in one of our nsd.log:
--------------------------------
[1211461152] nsd[12806]: error: xfrd: zone lfarkas.org received error
code FORMAT ERROR from 193.131.100.7
this is a secondary nsd server for lfarkas.org. the strange thing is
that the primary also run nsd (so i assume the error is not in the zone
file format since on the primary there is not any error in the log),
while the above 193.131.100.7 is one of our isp's secondary dns for
lfarkas.org (i don't know what they are using). i try to rise verbosity
to 10, but no more info.
how can found what is the reason of the format error?
thanks.