Patch for nsd-notify

Sebastian E. Castro Avila secastro at nic.cl
Tue Oct 3 04:23:52 UTC 2006

Hi everyone:

On past May 23rd I've announced through the list I made a patch to support
"source address" on nsd-notify. At that time I was too lazy to sent the
patch files.

Now I'm not being lazy, so here we are.

The change was add a new option (-a <address>) to nsd-notify to specify
the source address for the outcoming packet.

Also addedd a new option in nsd.zones file. To use it, anyone should write
somethink like this:

<destination address>

And finally changed nsdc.sh to parse the new option when available.

The code has been tested on a production server using a BIND server as a
secondary.

I hope it helps.
(The patchs were made against a NSD 2.3.3 source code)

Kind Regards
Sebastian E. Castro Avila             sebastian at nic.cl
Administrador de DNS, NIC Chile