ANNOUNCEMENT: NSD 2.3.4 released

Koh-ichi Ito kohi at bbtower.co.jp
Tue May 9 06:56:11 UTC 2006

Greetings,

At Mon, 8 May 2006 11:18:29 +0200,
Miek Gieben wrote:

> > I noticed two odd things.
> >
> > 1. configure lefts the message '[: unexpected operator'.
>
> On freebsd 6 I cannot reproduce this... And I don't have access
> to freebsd 4 to test it...

On the other hand, I have no access to FreeBSD 6 :-)

I tried on lab machine with FreeBSD 5.4, and it occurs, too.

I found it. Here is the point.

configure:

   7919 # big fat warning
   7920 if [ "$enable_checking" == "yes" ]; then
   7921         echo "************************************************"
   7922         echo "* You have activated \"--enable-checking\"       *"
   7923         echo "*                                              *"
   7924         echo "* This will instruct NSD to be stricter        *"
   7925         echo "* when validating its input. This could lead   *"
   7926         echo "* to a reduced service level.                  *"
   7927         echo "************************************************"
   7928 fi

Though I can't check it on FreeBSD 6, on FreeBSD 4 and
FreeBSD 5, operator "==" isn't described on test(1), so "["
says "==" as "invalid operator", I guess.

Because I'm not familiar with autoconf, I can't distinguish
this is your issue or autoconf's issue.

Overall, this issue may not causes practical problem,
doesn't it?

Thanks

						Koh-ichi Ito
						BroadBand Tower