nsd+CRLF = confusing error messages

Miek Gieben miek at miek.nl
Mon Mar 27 19:02:37 UTC 2006

[On 27 Mar, @19:58, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote in "nsd+CRLF = confusing error mes ..."]
> Hi,
>
> I think it would be better if nsd accepts CRLF as well as LF as line ending.
>
> Not because it's such a great idea to use Windows, but because at
> present the error messages are a little misleading.
>
> zonec: reading zone "beispiel.de".
> primary/db.beispiel.de:1: error: invalid TTL value: 86400
> primary/db.beispiel.de:7: error: syntax error
> primary/db.beispiel.de:11: error: RR before SOA skipped
> primary/db.beispiel.de:13: error: RR before SOA skipped
> zonec: processed 0 RRs in "beispiel.de".
>
> I suspect it's easier to accept CRLF than to generate a less misleading
> error message ;)

I have no access to windows (at least no to one where I can develop
and compile), but this change should be as easy as changing the
following:

zlexer.lex, line 75:
NEWLINE \n

into:
NEWLINE \n|\r

does that work for you?

--
grtz,
  - Miek

  http://www.miek.nl              http://www.nlnetlabs.nl
  PGP: 6A3C F450 6D4E 7C6B C23C  F982 258B 85CF 3880 D0F6