message ``sendto failed: Invalid argument''

Miek Gieben miek at miek.nl
Mon Jan 30 09:39:45 UTC 2006

[On 26 Jan, @18:32, Peter Koch wrote in "message ``sendto failed: Inval ..."]
> So, nsd could (silently) ignore DNS packets with src port 0 or log the
> error with more detail or both. Opinions?

Hmm... the current behavoir of NSD should be changed IMO. The danger
is that if we log such queries we create a small DOS attack (which is
also present now). So I would like to silently ignore such queries,
maybe only log them when NSD is compiled with --enable-checking.

regards,

--
grtz,
  - Miek

  http://www.miek.nl              http://www.nlnetlabs.nl
  PGP: 6A3C F450 6D4E 7C6B C23C  F982 258B 85CF 3880 D0F6