Modify nsd for special purpose

Robert Martin-Legene robert at dk-hostmaster.dk
Wed Jan 11 08:33:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 02:48:52PM -0800, Steven Z wrote:
> I am modifying nsd such that it only response with fixed results. For
> example, it will response with result "10.0.0.1" to any query. (Not
> for hacking but for virus test bed.)

Depending on the load you will be experiencing, maybe perl's
Net::DNS::Nameserver would be enough for you. The manual page of that
module actually has an example which does pretty much what you want. Of
course perl is not NSD, but I thought it might possibly do the trick for
you.

--
Robert Martin-Legène
IT-sikkerhedschef - IT security manager