regular statistics dumps getting out of sync

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Mon Aug 7 14:11:07 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 02:33:05PM +0200, Wouter Wijngaards wrote:

> I do not know exactly how you are feeding the data into rrdtool, but the
> docs I could find say that rrdtool can take date from any time point,
> even if you want to see it on the minute (it interpolates).

data is read from the logfile every "some" minutes and entered into the
rrdtool repository, so it's not real time. Interpolation is what I was trying
to avoid since rrdtool doesn't seem do deal too well with bursty data; but
maybe you're right in suggesting I have a rrdtool problem, not an nsd one.
Still, getting the interval boundaries more stable seems a useful goal to me,
even if a (much smaller, though) race condition remains.

Thanks,
  Peter