An old NSD daemon, stuck with old data?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Nov 22 11:15:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 11:54:36AM +0100,
 Miek Gieben <miekg at atoom.net> wrote
 a message of 65 lines which said:

> What I gathered from Jaap was that something went haywire with a
> failed AXFR (tsig related) and that possibly the reload failed?

Apparently, there was two different and (probably) unrelated problem:

1) A NTP => TSIG problem, which is now fixed,

2) The oscillation problem, which is also fixed by a different method
(stop ; start). This is the one about which I ask (since the first has
probably nothing to do with NSD).

During the first problem, nsd still reloaded the non-TSIG zones (like
".ma") without trouble.