IXFR and nsd

Robert Martin-Legene robert at dk-hostmaster.dk
Fri Mar 4 18:53:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 11:12:56AM +0000, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
>	5. Output a zonefile

>Anyway, would the above prove of general use to people here? would it
>satisfy your requirements? Is anyone interested in helping?

I know it's not the easiest thing to do, since it's an external
application, but with big zones with frequent updates (your RBL list
being a candidate) won't you be spending most of your CPU time
continuously compiling the new zone with zonec?

Would it be possible to copy the DB-file and do the IXFR-changes in that
file directly, and then tell NSD to use the new file once done?

--
Robert Martin-Legène
IT security manager