multiple IP

Sebastian Castro Avila secastro at nic.cl
Fri Apr 15 21:48:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:22:16 -0700, Peter Hessler <phessler at theapt.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 04:52:02PM -0400, Dany V. wrote:
> :With that said, is there a way to tell NSD to listen and reply on one
> :interface and not the other?  Currently, if I dig @server mydomain.com,
> :the reply comes back through the first ip address, and not the
> :secondary.
>
> That seems like a bug to me.

Someone explained to me that it is the typical behaviour for UDP socket.
They use as the source address the address of the interface used to send
the packet (which depends on the route table in the host). The way to
overcome that problem is create a socket binded to a specific address.

If I'm wrong, let me know please.