Master Zone Files

Miek Gieben miekg at atoom.net
Wed Jun 30 07:48:32 UTC 2004

[On 30 Jun, @09:11, Philip wrote in "Master Zone Files ..."]
>    Hi,
>
>    I've compiled and installed nsd and configured nsd without any problems as
>    far as I can see, my problem is that when i try to build the zone files I
>    get loads of error message about unrecognised characters and the result is

hmmm, very strange. Which version of NSD are you using, and what are
the actual errors you are seeing?

>    ;
>    ; DNS master file for pdgaskell.co.uk
>    ;
>    @               7200    IN   SOA   ns1 webmaster.pdgaskell.co.uk. (
>                                                    2004062917
>                                                    7200
>                                                    3600
>                                                    8294400
>                                                    7200 )
>    @               7200    IN    A     123.123.123.123
>    @               7200    IN    MX    10 mail.pgwww.net.
>    @               7200    IN    NS    ns1
>    @               7200    IN    NS    ns2
>    ns1             7200    IN    A     123.123.123.123
>    ns2             7200    IN    A     123.123.123.123
>    www             7200    IN    A     123.123.123.123

compiling the above zone with the config below:
% cat users.conf
zone    pdgaskell.co.uk db.pdg

% ../../zonec -v -f nsd.db users.conf
zonec: reading zone "pdgaskell.co.uk".
zonec: processed 8 RRs in "pdgaskell.co.uk".

zonec: done with 0 errors.

This is with nsd 2.1.x,

grtz Miek