ANNOUNCEMENT: NSD 2.0.0 released
erik at NLnetLabs.nl
Sat Feb 14 19:39:54 UTC 2004
This release is a major new release. The major new feature is
experimental support for DNSSEC. This support is disabled by default
until the DNSSEC standards are finalized. Also new is a lex/yacc based
zone parser that should be RFC compliant.
Since NSD 1.2.4 there are major internal code changes: the database
format is much more compact and responses are generated on-the-fly
instead of being precompiled in the database. These changes were made
to make DNSSEC implementation easier. See the presentation at
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/nsd/presentations/ripe47/ for a description of
these changes and the performance impact.
NSD 2.0.0 has been fully regression tested against bind 8.4.4 and NSD
1.2.4 using the root and .nl zones.
Please read the README document for configuration and installation
You can download NSD from http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/nsd/
- Experimental DNSSEC support implemented, but disabled by
default. Enable using the --enable-dnssec configuration
- IPv6 enabled by default. Disable using the --disable-ipv6
- Bug #47: Domain name is now logged when a notify is
- Bug #70: First include all A records in the additional
section, followed by AAAA records.
- Bug #77: Check length of domain name and label.
- LOC records are supported again.
- Currently there is no support for mmap(2).
More information about the nsd-users