ANNOUNCEMENT: NSD 1.4.0 alpha 1
erik at NLnetLabs.nl
Thu Nov 6 12:36:56 UTC 2003
This release is an alpha release. We are currently not planning to have a
1.4.0 stable release as we want to prioritize implementing DNSSEC first.
The next stable release will then be NSD 2.0.0 with DNSSEC support.
This release has some major changes: the database format is much more
compact, responses are generated on-the-fly instead of being precompiled in
the database, and the new FLEX/YACC based compiler is now the only
supported compiler (and simply called zonec).
Please read the README document for configuration and installation
You can download NSD from http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/nsd/
- New database format that is much more compact and portable
- The new zone compiler is now the default and the old zone
compiler has been removed.
- Name compression is done dynamically, removing one other
difference with BIND in the responses generated (the full
query name is now used for compression).
- CNAME target records are now generated from wildcard
records if necessary.
- mmap(2) isn't currently supported.
- Not all RR types are supported by zonec (such as LOC).
More information about the nsd-users