Bad compression pointer: Config files

David Coursey david.coursey at seacoastsynergy.com
Tue Dec 16 19:31:56 UTC 2003

|Definitely an NSD bug (it should never respond with bad packets), even
|though it may be triggered by strange zone files.  Could you send me a
|copy of the zone and configuration file as well as the dig command you
used?

|Also, what platform are you running NSD on (OS, cpu, etc)?
|
|Thanks,
|Erik

I didn't know if you wanted me to post attachments to the list or not so
I just put the data in here.

nsd.zones file:

; Rilex Technologies NSD Zone File

; The filenames are relative to ${zonesdir}
;
;zone   name                            filename
masters/notify ip-address ]
zone    rilextechnologies.com           primary/rilextechnologies.com
zone    3doverdose.com                  primary/3doverdose.com
zone    schoolsoutlowcountry.com        primary/schoolsoutlowcountry.com

Zone file:

;
;rilextechnologies.com zone file
;
;
$TTL 1d
;
;Origin:  rilextechnologies.com.
;
@ IN SOA ns1.rilextechnologies.com. dnsadmin.seacoastsynergy.com. (
                2003121501      ; serial
                1d              ; refresh
                2h              ; retry
                30d             ; expiry
                4d )            ; minimum

;
;Nameservers
;
                         IN NS ns1.rilextechnologies.com.

;
;Host Addresses
;
localhost               IN A            127.0.0.1
WSW001                  IN A            66.194.119.130
WDW001                  IN A            66.194.119.131

;
;Aliases
;
www                     IN CNAME        WSW001
ftp                     IN CNAME        WSW001
test                    IN CNAME        WSW001

The dig command I used was just   #dig www.rilextechnologies.com

Server info:
P4 2.8Ghz 1Gb RAM
Slackware 9.1