[net-dns-users] Net::DNS 1.02 release delayed

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Sep 8 08:22:23 UTC 2015

Dear all,

We publish candidates for releases and ask you to try them out to
receive feedback on possible issues that we might have missed and have
an opportunity to correct them before the actual release.

Besides your feedback, release candidates are also published as
developer releases (through PAUSE) so they get tested on a wide range
of different platforms by the CPAN testers.

Unfortunately their test-report collecting and processing site has
been down now (since August 30). This time we did not receive feedback
from the developer release. We have seen one fail (besides passes) in
the CPAN testers log tail though.

Furthermore, developer releases are also processed by cpancover.org
which provides coverage details of the unit tests. The reports for our
recent developer releases show too few covered files, suggesting that
the unit tests somehow stopped halfway. It might just as well have
another cause, but we don’t know.

These things combined have made us decide to delay the release for one
more week. By then we hope to have our usual CPAN testers feedback, or
have more insight in what the issue may be.

So, if all is well, the actual release of Net::DNS 1.02 will follow
Tuesday the 14th of September 2015. Find our latest develop
release/release candidate below.

link: https://www.net-dns.org/download/Net-DNS-1.01_04.tar.gz
sha1: efccbecd29957625d6f5b32f524447742c4fad27
asc : https://www.net-dns.org/download/Net-DNS-1.01_04.tar.gz.asc

Changes
=======
Fix rt.cpan.org #106565

Net::DNS::Resolver::Recurse and IPv6 Reverse DNS

Fix rt.cpan.org #105808

Version test for Pod::Test is broken