[net-dns-users] Net::DNS 1.01 Released

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Jul 6 17:32:59 UTC 2015

Dear users of Net::DNS,

I am very pleased to announce that we have just released version 1.01
of Net::DNS.

This is the first major release of Net::DNS since Michael Fuhr started
this project in 1997. Since then many people have contributed to the
Net::DNS project and shaped it into the distribution it is now. A very
incomplete list of authors (from the Copyright sections of the
modules) is: Rob Brown, Andreas Gustafsson, Olaf Kolkman, Sidney
Markowitz, Robert Martin-Legene, Chris Reinhardt, Mike Schiraldi, and
Andrew Tridgell. Thank you all, and also all the unmentioned people
for contributing to, developing on and maintaining Net::DNS!

I took over maintenance of the distribution at NLnet Labs from Olaf
Kolkman in 2012. Since then Dick Franks, who was always a prominent
contributor has become the primary developer of the distribution.

In late 2012 a major architectural rework commenced, initially to
support IDN, but later also to cleanup and to turn Net::DNS in an even
more robust and readable code base with a clear and unambiguous
interface. We have made this a major release because we consider this
architectural rework and cleanup now stable and finished.

This release has the RRs integrated that were previously only
available with Net::DNS::SEC, however without the signature generation
and verification functions. To enable those functions Net::DNS::SEC
still needs to be installed.

As part of the process, the whole of Net::DNS has been brought under
the MIT license already used by Net::DNS::SEC. We requested and have
received agreement and permission from all the principal authors to
apply this license to their respective modules.

Besides the incorporation of the Net::DNS::SEC RRs, this release
contains bug fixes and updates with current DNS parameters as usual.
For a complete list of changes and bugfixes see Changes below.

link 	https://www.net-dns.org/download/Net-DNS-1.01.tar.gz
sha1 	a4b9c177117397604cf0ee6f10ac80034aff37bc
asc 	https://www.net-dns.org/download/Net-DNS-1.01.tar.gz.asc

Changes
=======
Feature
	The RRs previously only available with Net::DNS::SEC are now
	integrated with Net::DNS.  Net::DNS::SEC needs to be installed
	to enable the signature generation and verification functions.

Fix rt.cpan.org #105491

	Can't call method "zclass" on an undefined value at ...
	Net/DNS/Packet.pm line 474

Fix rt.cpan.org #105421

	Dead link in Net::DNS::FAQ

Fix rt.cpan.org #104657

	Wrong split on Cygwin

Fix rt.cpan.org #102810

	Dynamic update: rr_add overrides ttl of zero

Fix rt.cpan.org #102809

	CAA broken