[net-dns-users] New Release candidates

tlhackque tlhackque at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 10:33:51 UTC 2014

> Sorry tlhackque,
>
> We do not have firewall issues.  I have checked from several ring nodes
> from the NLNOG ring, and they are all able to connect over IPv6 fine.
> I've looked at some of the unreachables and they indeed do have IPv6 issues.
>
> nlnetlabs at nlnetlabs01:~$ ring-http -6 'www.net-dns.org'
> 256 servers: OK
> unreachable via: xlshosting01 cambrium01 tripleit01 inotel01 rezopole01
> voxel01 lagis01 keenondots01 claranet02 backbone02 bluezonejordan01
> nicchile01 rnp01 beanfield01 robtex01 rackfish01 trueinternet01 popsc01
> iplan01 sapphire01 maxitel01 itps01
> ssh connection failed: bdhub01 blacklotus01 citynetwork01 cloudnl01
> cybercom01 ehsab02 enestdata01 mainloop01 riseup01
> nlnetlabs at nlnetlabs01:~$
>
> Maybe there is another issue (Path MTU black hole?).
> Are you able to fetch a small file like
> http://www.net-dns.org/download/Net-DNS-0.80_2.tar.gz.sha1 ?
Thanks for investigating.  Telnet fails to connect from here, so it's
not an MTU path issue.  (Or at least, these connections aren't getting
that far.)  ping shows the expected MTU, and is happy to fragment larger
packets.

I'll work on tracking it down from this end.

So far, the new releases look good.