[ldns-users] ldns-read-zone output not very helpful

Wouter Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Jul 21 12:03:54 UTC 2021

Hi Anand,

On 21/07/2021 12:07, Wouter Wijngaards via ldns-users wrote:
> Hi Anand,
>
> On 21/07/2021 11:59, Anand Buddhdev via ldns-users wrote:
>> On 21/07/2021 11:51, Wouter Wijngaards via ldns-users wrote:
>>
>> Hi Wouter,

>>> It should print "Syntax error, $INCLUDE not implemented" at the line
>>> with that statement. Since you claim the file has includes at the start,
>>> I think the error may really be from another file entirely, since the
>>> tool would not be able to read past that not-implemented include directive.
>>
>> If I send you a copy of the zone file (privately), would you be willing
>> to try it yourself and see where/why it's failing?
>
> Please, that would be very helpful.
>
> I have found out, after testing other files that the
> include-not-implemented error is not printed properly, for which there
> is a fix in
> https://github.com/NLnetLabs/ldns/commit/46042cb39725886e808df08aa7d4ca1d3fc0697b

It turns out it was reporting the wrong line number. I fixed the line
number in commit
https://github.com/NLnetLabs/ldns/commit/889f7c7195bbd306f8c06d75c85df10aaad2eb91

The line that was wrong was a $GENERATE line in the file that you sent
me, it complained with a syntax error there.

Best regards, Wouter