[ldns-users] SVCB and HTTPS support

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Thu Feb 4 10:31:29 UTC 2021

Hi, Willem.

On 3 Feb 2021, at 16:44, Willem Toorop wrote:

> Thanks for the heads up! You are correct. This is fixed in commit:
>
> 	https://github.com/NLnetLabs/ldns/commit/3373aa99

Quick response! Thanks. What I’m seeing now looks good, although
I haven’t done any careful nit-picking yet.

> Would have been nice if the draft had some test-vectors of RRs in
> unknown type format (RFC3597) and corresponding presentation format,
> to test correctness of the implementation and also to improve
> interoperability...
>
> Maybe a nice contribution for in the upcoming IETF110 hackathon.

Indeed. I guess that the only available well-known data to use
is precisely the HTTPS record for crypto.cloudflare.com.  It would
be useful to have a wider repertoire of test cases, even some
perversely complicated ones.

Thanks again. It’s great to have at last a way to visualize	these
records other than as hex dumps.

/Niall