[ldns-users] OpenSSL context configuration

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 12:48:21 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 6:04 AM Willem Toorop via ldns-users
<ldns-users at lists.nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> This is very insightful, thanks!  Would it be possible for you to turn
> these recommendations into a pull request on our github repo?
>
> i.e.: https://github.com/NLnetLabs/ldns

Yeah, sure.

I am having trouble testing it, though. Running ./makedist.sh results in:

    ./makedist.sh: info: Determining LDNS version.
    ./makedist.sh: line 159: dzil: command not found

Ubuntu does not appear to have this program:

    $ sudo apt-get install dzil
    E: Unable to locate package dzil

And a typical Autotools run is failing:

    $ autoupdate
    $ libtoolize -f -i
    $ autoreconf -f -i
    configure.ac:10: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: 1
    configure.ac:10: the top level
    autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
    aclocal: error: echo failed with exit status: 1
    autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

How do you recommend configuring the software for local testing?

Jeff