[ldns-users] Bug with long TXT records

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Mar 15 20:53:13 UTC 2019

Hi Klaus,

Unfortunately ldns has a hard limit on the size of the RR to parse,
LDNS_MAX_LINELEN , which is defined in ldns/parse.h.  If you set it to a
larger number (65535 for example) and recompile, the zone will parse.
The limit is for one RR in presentation format, so it doesn't help to
split the rdata over multiple lines either.

I do consider this a bug, and will implement a buffer that grows when
needed shortly.

Regards,
-- Willem