[ldns-users] configure scripts in subdirectories

Luis Ressel aranea at aixah.de
Thu Apr 27 14:24:28 UTC 2017

Hello,

the ldns sources contain separate configure scripts in several
subdirectories (such as examples/ and drill/). I suppose those are
meant to be used when one wants to compile the code in those
subdirectories and link it against an already-installed libldns?

If that's the case, I've found a bug: The examples/configure script
contains no logic to define HAVE_LIBRESSL, even though this macro is
used in the example code. Thus, the example code compiles fine when
using "cd ldns-1.7.0; ./configure --with-examples; make", but fails to
compile with "cd ldns-1.7.0/examples; ./configure" (on a system using
libressl, of course).

I can open a bug report, but currently I'm not sure whether this is a
bug at all, since I don't have much experience with autotools.

Regards,
Luis Ressel