[ldns-users] ldns 1.7.0 rc3
willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Dec 15 16:54:29 UTC 2016
There are still some minor pending issues with the release candidate
that need to be resolved before release. These involve detection of
GOST support in newer OpenSSLs and an issue with how the language
bindings deal with variables that have become const.
Because of this, the actual release date is postponed and will be
Tuesday, the 20th of December.
In the mean time I have attached a third release candidate that contains
all the issues that have been resolved since the first candidate. This
includes, a crash bug when reading TLSA in presentation format, and
incorrect detection of DSA support with OpenSSL >= 1.1.0
asc : https://nlnetlabs.nl/downloads/ldns/ldns-1.7.0-rc3.tar.gz.asc
* Fix lookup of relative names in ldns_resolver_search.
* bugfix #548: Double free for answers > 4096 in ldns_resolver_send_pkt
* Follow CNAME's when tracing with drill (TODO dnssec trace)
* Fix #551 change Regent to Copyright holder in BSD license in
some of the headings of the file, to match the opensource.org
* -e option makes ldns-compare-zones exit with status code 2 on difference
* Filter out specified RR types with ldns-read-zone -e and -E options
* bugfix #563: Correct DNSKEY from DSA private key. Thanks Peter Koch.
* bugfix #562: ldns-keygen match DSA key maximum size with library.
And check keysizes with all algorithms. Thanks Peter Koch.
* ldns-verify-zone accepts only one single zonefile as argument.
* bugfix #573: ldns-keygen write private keys with mode 0600.
Thanks Leon Weber
* Fix configure to make ldns compile with LibreSSL 2.0
* drill now also accepts dig style -y option
(-y <[algo:]name:key> i.s.o. -y <name:key[:algo]>)
* OPENPGPKEY draft rr types. Enable with: --enable-rrtype-openpgpkey
* bugfix #608: Correct comment about escaped characters
* CDS and CDNSKEY rr type from RFC 7344.
--enable-rrtype-cds configure option removed
* fix: Memory leak in ldns_pkt_rr_list_by_name()
Thanks Johannes Naab
* fix: Memory leak in ldns_dname2buffer_wire_compress()
Thanks Max Liebkies
* bugfix #613: Allow tab as whitespace too in last rdata field of types
of variable length. Thanks Xiali Yan
* bugfix: strip trailing whitespace from $ORIGIN lines in zone files
* Let ldns-keygen output .ds files only for KSK keys
* Parse RFC7218 TLSA mnemonics, but do not output them
* Let ldns-dane use SPKI as the default selector i.s.o. Cert
* bugfix: Fit left over NSEC3s once more before adding empty non
terminals. Thanks Stuart Browne
* bugfix #605: Determine default trust anchor location at compile time
Thanks Peter Koch
* bugfix #697: Double free with ldns-dane create
Thanks Carsten Strotmann
* bugfix #623: Do not redefine bool type and boolean values
Thanks Jakob Petsovits
* bugfix #570: Add TLSA, CDS, CDNSKEY and OPENPGPKEY RR types to ldnsx
* bugfix #575: ldns_pkt_clone() does not copy timestamp field
Thanks Calle Dybedahl
* bugfix #584: ldns-update fixes. Send update to port 53, bring manpage
in sync with the usage text, and don't alter the ldns_resolver passed
to ldns_update_soa_zone_mname(). Created a ldns_resolver_clone()
function in the process. Thanks Nicholas Riley.
* bugfix #633: ldns_pkt_clone() parameter isn't const.
Thanks Jakop Petsovits
* bugfix: ldns-dane manpage correction
Thanks Erwin Lansing
* Spelling fixes. Thanks Andreas Schulze
* Hyphen used as minus in manpages. Thanks Andreas Schulze.
* RFC7553 RR Type URI is supported by default.
* Fix ECDSA signature generation, do not omit leading zeroes.
* bugfix: Get rid of superfluous newline in ldns-keyfetcher
Thanks Jan-Piet Mens
* bugfix: -U option to ldns-signzone to sign with every algorithm
Thanks Guido Kroon
* const function parameters whenever possible.
Thanks Ray Bellis
* bugfix #725: allow RR-types on the type bitmap window border
Thanks Pieter Lexis
* bugfix #726: 2 typos in drill manpage.
Thanks Hugo Lombard
* Add type CSYNC support, RFC 7477.
* Prepare for ED25519, ED448 support: todo convert* routines in
dnssec.h, once openssl has support for signing with these algorithms.
The dns algorithm number is not yet allocated. These features are
not fully implemented yet, openssl (1.1) does not support the
algorithms enough to generate keys and sign and verify with them.
* Fix _answerfrom comment in ldns_struct_pkt.
* Fix drill axfr ipv4/ipv6 queries.
* Fix comment referring to mk_query in packet.h to pkt_query_new.
* Fix description of QR flag in packet.h.
* Fix for openssl 1.1.0 API changes.
* Remove commented out macro. Thanks Thiago Farina
* bugfix #641: Include install-sh in .gitignore
* bugfix #825: Module import breaks with newer SWIG versions.
Thanks Christoph Egger
* bugfix #796 - #792: Fix miscellaneous compiler warning issues.
Thanks Ngie Cooper
* bugfix #769: Add support for :: in an IPv6 address
Thanks Hajimu UMEMOTO
* bugfix #760: Detect superfluous text in presentation format
Thanks Xiali Yan
* bugfix #708: warnings and errors with xcode 6.1/7.0
* bugfix #754: Memory leak in ldns_str2rdf_ipseckey
Thanks Xiali Yan
* bugfix #661: Fail NSEC3 signing when NSEC domainname length
would overflow. Thanks Jan-Piet Mens.
* bugfix #771: hmac-sha224, hmac-sha384 and hmac-sha512 keys.
Thanks Harald Jenny
* bugfix #680: ldns fails to reject invalidly formatted
RFC 7553 URI RRs. Thanks Robert Edmonds
* bugfix #678: Use poll i.s.o. select to support > 1024 fds
Thanks William King
* Use OpenSSL DANE functions for verification (unless explicitly
disabled with --disable-dane-ta-usage).
* Bumb .so version
* Include OPENPGPKEY RR type by default
* rdata processing for SMIMEA RR type
* Fix crash in displaying TLSA RR's.
Thanks Andreas Schulze
* Update ldns-key2ds man page to mention GOST and SHA384 hash
functions. Thanks Harald Jenny
* Add sha384 and sha512 tsig algorithm. Thanks Michael Weiser
* Clarify data ownership with consts for tsig parameters.
Thanks Michael Weiser
* bugfix: Fix detection of DSA support with OpenSSL >= 1.1.0
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 829 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the ldns-users