[ldns-users] suggestion for a parse-rrs callback method

Robert Edmonds edmonds at debian.org
Mon Jun 3 16:04:38 UTC 2013

Jelte Jansen wrote:
> OK, I didn't think callbacks are that much more complicated (certainly
> since the lib-side code is easier), but yeah that makes sense, and using
> something like an iterator does make it more flexible anyway, and not
> much harder to do.

*in C*, callbacks are not that hard to use.  in other languages it is
much, much easier to call C code than to have C code call you.  e.g.,

    "Unfortunately you can't pass a Go func to C code and have the C
    code call it.  The best you can do is pass a Go func to C code and
    have the C code turn around and pass the Go func back to a Go
    function that then calls the func."
    (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-nuts/PRcvOJqItow)

> (BTW nlnetlabs! Move to github! I wanna do pull requests ;))

+1

--
Robert Edmonds
edmonds at debian.org