[ldns-users] Missing or incorrect prototypes

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Wed Apr 10 09:15:09 UTC 2013

"Jan Komissar (jkomissa)" <jkomissa at cisco.com> writes:
> And, Dag-Erling, Can you show me an example (without "#define a") where
> the declaration "int foo(int a);" steals "a" from the application's name
> space. I wasn't able to come up with an example on my own.

I'd have to construct one (or dig through svn logs to find a real-world
examples from ten years back).  It is easier to find examples of
argument names infringing on implementation namespace, such as the ever
popular "struct sockaddr_in *sin" which is a constraint violation if
<math.h> is in scope (and with certain compiler flags, gcc will
incorrectly complain even if when <math.h> isn't in scope).

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no